Who We Are
Started nearly two decades ago by members of the community interested in supporting innovative educational initiatives in the Cranford Schools, the Cranford Fund for Educational Excellence has awarded more than $300,000 in supplemental funding for educational grants that empower our teachers and impact our students. These grants support ideas that are aligned with the goals and focus areas of the district schools, but are outside the scope of the regular school budget.
The CFEE continues to grow, to connect with the schools, to reach out into the community, and to raise funds for worthy grant proposals.
The goals of the Cranford Fund are:
- To foster academic excellence by creating an environment that nurtures a rich variety of teaching and learning experiences.
- To serve as a catalyst for school change, which enhances learning opportunities for children.
- To encourage and support innovative projects which enable our youth to continue to prosper in an increasingly complex world.
CFEE funding comes from contributions made by parents, community members, local businesses, corporations, foundations and community service organizations.
CFEE Board of Directors
The CFEE Board sets policies relating to grant making, spending, standards and fundraising. We oversee adherence to our 501c3 status and encourage other community members to engage in our process.
- Shannon Gallo, President
- Jennifer McComb, Vice President
- Robin Yablonski, Treasurer
- Inga Reibarkh, Secretary
- Nikki Savino Mulcahy, School Liaison
- Jennifer McComb, Communications Committee Co-Chair
- Barry Horbal, Communications Committee Co-Chair
- Tara O’Connor, Fundraising Chair
- Lynn Carpenter, Grants Co-Chair
- Shannon Gallo, Grants Co-Chair
- Brian Andrews
- Karen Bennett
- Lauren King
- Stephanie Kwiatkowski
- Rob Lukenda
- Guinevere Pherson
- Nutan Rubinson
- Cory Sockell
- Elayna Torsone
- Sanjeevanee Vidwans
Board of Education Liaisons
- Susan Shaw
- Jessica Soltys